SubjectNo rule to make autoconf.h in 2.4.19-rc1?
Date
Retry with a hopefully correct address for Marcelo.  (There's only one n in
conectiva. Right.)

------------------

I'm trying to put together a linux from scratch system (3.3 with extensive
tweaks) using a build script that happily built 2.4.18 but is dying at the
start of make bzImage in 19-rc1, complaining there's no rule to make
include/linux/autoconf.h (needed by include/config/MARKER).

I've confirmed I got the right patch and that it applied correctly (or at
least reproducibly without rejects and changed the version numbers in the top
level makefile)... I untarred the 2.4.18 tarball into a fresh directory,
applied the patch, did "make dep" followed by "make clean" (I tried omitting
make clean and it didn't help) followed by make bzImage, at which point the
build process went off into the corner to sulk.

Maybe I'm doing something small and simple wrong (although 2.4.18 built), but
I can't spot it. I grepped the last couple weeks of my linux-kernel folder
and the only mention of autoconf.h was in patches, no descriptive text.

I also tried "touch include/linux/autoconf.h", which just makes
scripts/split-include die in find...

What does the kernel use autoconf for? (When did this get added? I wrote a
kernel output parser and didn't see autoconf, and I'd expect it to run in ake
dep anyway...)

Er... Help?

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.025 / U:0.128 seconds]