SubjectRe: Patch for Menuconfig script
Hi Tom.

>>> Er.. why wouldn't it?
>>> $ head -1 scripts/Menuconfig
>>> #! /bin/sh
>>>
>>> So this removes the /bin/sh is not bash test, yes?
>>
>> Q> # ls -l /bin/sh | tr -s '\t' ' '
>> Q> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 May 7 1999 /bin/sh -> tcsh
>> Q> #
>>
>> You tell me - the above is from one of the systems I regularly use,
>> which does not even have bash installed...
>
> So does tcsh work as a POSIX-sh when invoked as /bin/sh ?

You tell me - what exactly defines "a POSIX-sh" ???

All I know is, the system in question does the job it's intended to, and
that's about all the operators care about.

Probably of more interest is this: Prior to your tweaks, the Menuconfig
script just reported that one was trying to run it under the wrong
shell. What happens when one tries to run your modified version under
those conditions? There are only two valid answers:

1. It runs successfully.

2. It reports that it can't run under that shell.

You're the one proposing the patch, so you're the one who needs to
answer that question.

Best wishes from Riley.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:2.021 / U:0.284 seconds]