SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] July 10, 2002
> I'd still say no. Kernel messages are meant not meant for end users but for
> kernel developers. The latter all speak english, but chances are that most

Then why do they appear on the screen 8)

There are cases (eg someone selling Linux entirely into the PRC) where there
are a billion plus potential users for whom English is not just an odd
language but has a totally bizarre character set.

I can't conceive of anyone in the EU/US etc wanting to do such translation
but if you get it for free then it means we got the design right and someone
may one day find a good use for it.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:27    [W:0.054 / U:0.228 seconds]