SubjectRe: Tyan S2464 (K7 SMP) + EMU10K1 hardlocks
Chris Fuller wrote:
> I've established by now that the problem is definitely not with the
> Linux kernel, but there was a discussion here about this very issue last
> August, and I haven't found a reference to it anywhere else, so please
> help if you can. :)
>
> I'm seeing hardlocks in various 2.4 kernels (10, 18, 19-pre8, all SMP):
> mobo=Tyan S2464 (K7 Thunderbird) SMP
> NVidia GeForce4 AGP
> SBLive! Platinum 5.1
> Two 40G IDE hard drives

Creative Labs warns that it's sblive series of cards aren't compatible
with SMP systems. Though i've had the S2460 motherboard and the only
trouble i have had was that EAX didn't work properly. A friend of mine
has an sblive with a dual celeron and he also has had this problem of
deadlocks with the SBLive. The audigy however is fully compatible.

Also, make sure you have an adequate power supply.

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.045 / U:0.220 seconds]