    SubjectRe: PDC20267 + RAID can't find raid device
    >   It works for me once I got the right options.  Did you enable the
    > "fasttrak feature"
    >
    > I'm using the following options in my .config:
    > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y
    > CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST=y
    > CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE=y
    > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y

    Only difference is the fact I didn't enable BURST. your other 3 options are
    the same as mine.

    The thing says:
    Promise Fasttrak(tm) Softwareraid driver 0.03beta: No raid array found

    > /dev/ataraid/d0 devices, and the /dev/hd devices. This makes for lots
    > of fun in the Red Hat installer, and Cerberus.

    I'm using debian, but I'm not actually installing the system, I'm copying
    from another.

    > > After trying 2.4.19-pre10-ac2 I can finally use the PDC20267 controller,
    > > however, it doesn't find any raid devices.
    > >
    > > I have 2 quantum fireballlct10 05 on the controller (hde and hdg) and
    > > created a stripe between these 2 disks in the controller's bios.
    > >
    > > I can see both disks w/o problems.
    > >
    > > I'd rather not use the linux software raid since you can't partition it.
    > >
    > > IDE, PDC20267, FastTrak, and the raid driver are all compiled into the
    > > kernel.
    > >
    > > More info is available at request.
    > > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.033 / U:29.112 seconds]