    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Adeos nanokernel for Linux kernel

    Hello Pavel,

    Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > We have released the initial implementation of the Adeos nanokernel.
    > > The following is a complete description of its background, its
    > > implementation, its API, and its potential uses. Please also see the
    > > press release (
    > > and the project's workspace (
    > > The Adeos code is distributed under the GNU GPL.
    > Sounds interesting...

    > Also, unlike UML, kernels are not protected from each other.

    True, if they do physical accesses in each other's areas there's a problem.
    But we're assuming 2 things here:
    1) You are using stable kernels.
    2) See the next answer.

    > So if your FreeBSD+Linux combination crashes, you do not know if Linux or
    > FreeBSD caused it.

    No one said that you can't have an early domain in the pipeline that
    specifically deals with this

    > This is same approach rtLinux takes, right?

    No, Have you seen the explanation I provided earlier to Erik:

    Adeos is clearly different from anything that is part of the rtlinux patent.

    Karim Yaghmour
    Embedded and Real-Time Linux Expert

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.024 / U:1.188 seconds]