SubjectRe: All In Wonder Radeon and bttv module
Try adding something like this on your
/etc/modules.conf

alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv radio=1 card=56
options tuner type=1

the card, radio and tuner values are in the linux
source tree under
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST

If you don't have the kernel's source, let me know I'll
send you thta file

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 16:00, Salvatore D'Angelo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to use kwintv on my desktop with All in Wonder ATI Radeon AGP.
>
> I have compiled my kernel (2.4.18) with almost all the video drivers
> compiled as module. The problem is that I have tried to upload the
> module bttv.o using the command
>
> modprobe bttv
>
> and the following messages have appeared:
>
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o.gz:
> init_module: No such device
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> modprobe: insmod
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-6mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o.gz failed
> modprobe: insmod bttv failed
>
> Can anyone of you help me to understand what is the problem. I think
> that the default IRQ and IO ports are not correct for my video board. If
> so, is it possible have the correct one?
>
> I have tried to search on the Web and in the Linux archives to check if
> these type of errors
> have already been solved by someone else, but I haven't found anything.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.033 / U:0.432 seconds]