SubjectRe: isofs unhide option: troubles with Wine
Followup to:  <Pine.LNX.4.44.0206031204540.3833-100000@hawkeye.luckynet.adm>
By author: Thunder from the hill <>
In newsgroup:
> Hi,
> On 3 Jun 2002, Jeremy White wrote:
> > possible rather than impossible. Question is - why was hide the default
> > and what was that decision based upon ?
> Supposedly, someone wanted it _really_ hidden. I can't currently think of
> another sane reason, I don't know if you can and it's just these
> headaches. However, what's the advantage in disappearing files?
> I suggest making them readable, but not listed.

No, I think that's a bad idea. Make them listed, but make it possible
to query the attribute flags.

<> at work, <> in private!
"Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." <>