    SubjectRe: gettimeofday problem
    Date
    On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:45, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Brad Hards wrote:
    > > On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:37, Christian Robert wrote:
    > > > gettimeofday (&tv, NULL);
    > >
    > > How about checking the return value of the function call?
    > >
    > > Brad
    > > --
    > > http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.
    >
    > I think the only possible error returned would relate to the time-zone
    > being invalid. The time-zone pointer being a NULL is valid so it isn't
    > going to return EINVAL.
    It was just a thought - it just seemed a reasonable thing to test for, since
    the call can fail.

    I didn't check the lib code, so I imagined that their might be some glibc
    munging of the syscall output. man gettimeofday sez, inter alia:
    EINVAL Timezone (or something else) is invalid.

    EFAULT One of tv or tz pointed outside your accessible
    address space.

    As you pointed out, EINVAL doesn't seem too likely, and I can't see a pointer
    problem. So it looks like something else.

    Brad

    --
    http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.