SubjectRe: PROBLEM: 2.4.19-pre10-ac2 bug in page_alloc.c:131
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Alexandre P. Nunes wrote:

> Maybe I got it the wrong way, but it seems to me that from your point of
> view, as long as proprietary driver is in use, it's not anyone else
> problem but to the vendor, even if the bug could happen to be in the
> kernel, is that right? If so, everyone else in this list who could try
> to fix this (again assuming it could be something related to the kernel
> and not to the proprietary driver) necessarily share your oppinion? (I'm
> not flaming in here, just trying to get the path).

This particular one has cropped up a multitude of times, i can assure you
that you're not the first. Try searching the archives for
__free_pages_ok, nvidia and a few other keywords. I've seen that
particular bug first hand and its definitely the work of the nvidia
driver. Try their 2314 driver, i can't recall seeing it with that
particular version.

Cheers,
Zwane

--