SubjectNew SCSI exc handlers: Returning cmnds?
Hi,

converting the dc395x_trm (Tekram DC3x5 / TRM-S1040) to new exception
handling, I wonder what needs to be done with queued commands when
eh_abort_handler() or eh_bus_reset_handler() are called.

In the old abort handler, I was feeding the command back with DID_ABORT
and call scsi_done() on it, if successful.
In the old reset handler, I was feeding all commands (including the one that
was passed when _reset was called) that were sitting in the host adapter
driver's queue with DID_RESET back to midlayer by calling scsi_done() on
them.

How should this handled in the new EH code?
Is the new EH code implicitly aborting the commands, so I don't have to
do it?
Is the ML prepared to have scsi_done() called when doing EH?
Or do I have to use some bottom half/tasklet ... type of mechanism?

Do I have to give the cmnds in queueing order, or does the ML take care
of the correct ordering?

http://www.andante.org/scsi_error.html
is scarily ignorant on that subject.

Thanks for advice!
--
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers Linux kernel development

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.040 / U:1.184 seconds]