SubjectRe: KBuild 2.5 Impressions

On 2 Jun 2002, Peter Osterlund wrote:
> Yes, I realize this problem will go away automatically when support
> for the old makefile system is removed. I just wanted to present my
> complete list of problems with kbuild 2.5. Except for those three
> issues, I don't see any advantages with the old makefile system.

Well, problem #1 (make TAGS) - what did you use it for?
Problem #2 (make NO_MAKEFILE_GEN) is a bit tricky with the new concept.
You may try to implement it, but I wonder where you'll end up.
Problem #3 is a migration problem...

ship is leaving right on time | Thunder from the hill at ngforever
empty harbour, wave goodbye |
evacuation of the isle | free inhabitant not directly
caveman's paintings drowning | belonging anywhere