    SubjectRe: KBuild 2.5 Impressions

    On 2 Jun 2002, Peter Osterlund wrote:
    > Yes, I realize this problem will go away automatically when support
    > for the old makefile system is removed. I just wanted to present my
    > complete list of problems with kbuild 2.5. Except for those three
    > issues, I don't see any advantages with the old makefile system.

    Well, problem #1 (make TAGS) - what did you use it for?
    Problem #2 (make NO_MAKEFILE_GEN) is a bit tricky with the new concept.
    You may try to implement it, but I wonder where you'll end up.
    Problem #3 is a migration problem...

    ship is leaving right on time | Thunder from the hill at ngforever
    empty harbour, wave goodbye |
    evacuation of the isle | free inhabitant not directly
    caveman's paintings drowning | belonging anywhere

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.023 / U:3.424 seconds]