    SubjectRe: Question about sched_yield()
    In message <> you wr
    > On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Rusty Russell wrote:
    > > On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:46:29 -0700
    > > David Schwartz <> wrote:
    > > > "The sched_yield() function shall force the running thread to relinquish
    > > > processor until it again becomes the head of its thread list. It takes no

    > > > arguments."
    > >
    > > Notice how incredibly useless this definition is. It's even defined in ter
    > > of UP.
    > I think you parse this differently than I, I see no reference to UP. The
    > term "the processor" clearly (to me at least) means the processor running
    > in that thread at the time of the yeild.
    > The number of processors running in a single thread at any one time is an
    > integer number in the range zero to one.

    It's the word "until": "relinquish the processor until".

    It's pretty clearly implied that it's going to "unrelinquish" *the
    processor* at the end of this process.

    So, by your definition, it can be scheduled on another CPU before it
    becomes head of the thread list?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.020 / U:6.908 seconds]