    SubjectRe: [patch] v2.5.22 - add wait queue function callback support

    On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:

    > How's the patch below? The main reason for passing in the pointer to
    > the wait queue structure is that the aio functions need to remove
    > themselves from the wait list if the event they were waiting for occurs.
    > It seems to boot for me, how about others?

    Looks ok at first glance, although I haven't booted yet.

    One thing strikes me: we could move the "flags & WQ_FLAGS_EXCLUSIVE" test
    also into the wakeup function - making the "exclusivity" depend on which
    wakeup function you use. Does that make any sense? I'm not 100% convinced,
    but it would mean that the normal non-exclusive stuff would never even
    have to test the thing at run-time.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.022 / U:59.712 seconds]