SubjectRe: [patch] v2.5.22 - add wait queue function callback support

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:

> How's the patch below? The main reason for passing in the pointer to
> the wait queue structure is that the aio functions need to remove
> themselves from the wait list if the event they were waiting for occurs.
> It seems to boot for me, how about others?

Looks ok at first glance, although I haven't booted yet.

One thing strikes me: we could move the "flags & WQ_FLAGS_EXCLUSIVE" test
also into the wakeup function - making the "exclusivity" depend on which
wakeup function you use. Does that make any sense? I'm not 100% convinced,
but it would mean that the normal non-exclusive stuff would never even
have to test the thing at run-time.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans