    SubjectRe: /proc/scsi/map

    > Life would be easier if the scsi subsystem would just report which SCSI
    > device (uniquely identified by the controller,bus,target,unit tuple) belongs
    > to which high-level device. The information is available in the kernel.

    Does this not fail if I pull a device off, change its ID (perhaps to fit into another system), then plug it in again? Or if I move it from one adaptor to another?

    John Summerfield

    Microsoft's most solid OS:

    Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

    If you don't like being told you're wrong,
    be right!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.020 / U:46.512 seconds]