    SubjectRe: nfs problem 2.4.19-pre9
    On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 21:09, Trond Myklebust wrote:

    > > I have had a problem for some time that processes get stuck in
    > > D state and I now have a way to get this to happen at will.
    >
    > > One way to do this is to copy a file from one nfs mounted
    > > directory to another. It dose not happen on the same mount and
    > > not when copying from nfs to a local disk. To make this even
    > > more complex it works with cp and mv but not in mc(midnight
    > > commander F6 ).
    >
    > Sounds like a network driver problem or something like that. UDP
    > appears to trigger these lockups a lot more easily than does TCP.
    >
    > Try testing with a different brand of networking card...

    I have three cards but they are all the same :(
    3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone] (rev 30).

    Also Why only this nfs mount. I can still telnet to other computers and
    use nfs on another mount point so it's not like I lose the network.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:4.397 / U:0.008 seconds]