SubjectRe: [uml-devel] Re: UML is now self-hosting!
lmb@suse.de said:
> but spreading an instance across multiple nodes is nowhere as simple
> as it seems;

It is if you want to be sufficiently stupid about it :-)

> where do you keep OS data,

It gets faulted from host to host as needed.

> IO access,

This scheme (and any clustering scheme, I think) would need back channels
for one node to access the devices of another

> scheduling decisions,

This machine thinks it's a normal SMP box, so scheduling happens as normal

> inter-node communication in the first place, how to deal
> with node failure etc...

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the clustering world, but I was under the
impression that with a normal SSI cluster, the nodes are like CPUs in an
SMP box - if one fails, the whole thing dies. In other words, that SSI
clustering and HA clustering are pretty disjoint.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.073 / U:0.124 seconds]