SubjectRe: Linux-2.5.14..
On Sun, 5 May 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> There's a lot of stuff that has happened in the 2.5.x series lately,
> and you can see the gory details in the ChangeLog files that accompany
> releases these days, but I thought I'd point out 2.5.14, since it has
> some interesting fundamental changes to how dirty state is maintained
> in the VM.
> (The big changes were actually in 2.5.12, but 2.5.13 contained various
> minor fixes and tweaks, and 2.5.14 contains a number of fixes
> especially wrt truncate, so hopefully it's fairly _stable_ as of
> 2.5.14.)

From the look of the changelog at least a few of the file corruption
bugs with ext3, 2k block file systems and 2.5 have been fixed. Should I
expect this release to address the problems I was seeing?

I keep my head above the surface, trying to breath, looking for land.
I keep an eye at the distant horizon waiting for help, clutching the sky.
-- Covenant, _Phoenix_

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.380 / U:3.152 seconds]