SubjectRe: [PATH] Port software to UML.
Hi!

> > > Ther problem in bread.
> >
> > No, the problem is in not understanding UML.
> >
> > UML's state is somewhat more complicated than the state of a native kernel.
> >
> > You also need to recreate
> > the host processes
> > the ptrace relationships between the tracing thread and the other
> > processes
> > open file descriptors
> > and maybe a few other things that aren't coming to mind
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Now , I found the Problem. Fix that have two way
> --1 after the register disk , We not close it.
> --2 at prepare_request , We check the dev->count, it not open , must open it first.
>
> The 1.diff is use the 1 way.
> the 2.diff is use the 2 way.

Jeff is right that you might recreate a little more state...

However, with a little luck, what you do might partly work. Does it
successfully resume for you?
Pavel
PS: Jeff, any chance of uml going to 2.5. soon? It would be difficult
for me to merge swsusp/uml patches when uml is not in the kernel :-(.
--
Casualities in World Trade Center: ~3k dead inside the building,
cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.