SubjectRe: Bug: Discontigmem virt_to_page() [Alpha,ARM,Mips64?]
> Note that for NUMA-Q, the ->lmem_map arrays are currently off-node for
> all but node zero, so the per-node ->lmem_map is doing nothing for
> NUMA-Q at the moment. In order for this to make sense for NUMA-Q, I
> really do have to provide a local mapping of a portion of zone_numa,
> otherwise we might as well just use config_nonlinear in its current
> form.

To split hairs, they're not currently off node - as they have to reside in
ZONE_NORMAL, I can't make them so until I have the nonlinear stuff
(or equivalent). But they ought to be on their home node, so your point
is pretty much the same ;-) AFAIK, all other NUMA arches use the local
lmem_map already.

Is zone_numa a typo for zone_normal, or did I lose track of the conversation
at some point? I'm not sure I grok the last sentence of yours ....

M.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.104 / U:10.612 seconds]