SubjectRe: Tux in main kernel tree? (was khttpd rotten?)

Roy> Perhaps it's about time to talk about pulling Tux into the main
Roy> kernel tree, as khttpd once again has proved ususable.

And why does a Web server belong in the kernel? I've never understood
this, and I personally do not think it has any need to be there.

<sarcasm>

Or maybe we should include kDNS and kftpd as well now?

</sarcasm>

An httpd server is a *user space* issue, not a kernel issue.

John
John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
stoffel@lucent.com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-399-0479

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans