SubjectRe: UML is now self-hosting!
On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 01:29:43AM -0700, Vikram wrote:

> > How would this be better than MOSIX, or other clustering solutions?
> >
> > Any URLs you may have on this would be quite helpful.
>
> uh-huh, you miss the pt maybe? uml offers a great testing, debugging,
> developing platform. the whole idea is to replace the real thing (say like
> kernel devel) with UML and your qn is more like why cant we use the real
> thing itself....:)

If you want to test clustering (or "UML SMP over several seperate hosts"
-JDike) with UML, why not just create a UML kernel with the clustering
support (ie, MOSIX) in that UML kernel?

Really, I'm just asking what the benifit is to use UML for clustering as
oposed to MOSIX. I can think of one, testing NUMA without special
hardware...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.072 / U:3.004 seconds]