    SubjectRe: 2.5.13 IDE and preemptible kernel problems
    Użytkownik Linus Torvalds napisał:
    > On Fri, 3 May 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:
    >>Uz.ytkownik Andi Kleen napisa?:
    >>>When booting an preemptible kernel 2.5.13 kernel on x86-64 I get
    >>>very quickly an scheduling in interrupt BUG. It looks like the
    >>>preempt_count becomes 0 inside the ATA interrupt handler. This
    >>>could happen when save_flags/restore_flags and friends are unmatched
    >>>and you have too many flags restores in IDE.
    >>Thank you for pointing out. I will re check it.
    > Martin, may I suggest that the next line of cleanups should be to remove
    > all vestiges of the old global interrupt locking from the IDE driver?
    > Including, for example, the crap "PCI method 1" access stuff in CMD640x..
    > Also, if you turn on spinlock debugging, that tends to help find the
    > really silly things faster (leaving the harder races to be solved by
    > brainforce ;)

    OK, lest's make a deal you do the following and - realize
    immediately that there is a need for single argument
    time_past() or whatever and I turn spinlock debugging on :-).

    [root@kozaczek linux]# find ./ -name "*.[ch]" -exec grep time_after /dev/null {}
    \; | wc
    265 1638 21285
    [root@kozaczek linux]# find ./ -name "*.[ch]" -exec grep time_after /dev/null {}
    \; | grep jiffies | wc
    239 1497 19080
    [root@kozaczek linux]#

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.024 / U:2.136 seconds]