    SubjectRe: 2.4.19pre8aa2
    On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 08:56:53PM +0200, Francois Romieu wrote:
    > Andrea Arcangeli <> :
    > [...]
    > > Only in 2.4.19pre8aa2: 00_comx-driver-compile-1
    > >
    > > Export proc_get_inode for kernel/drivers/net/wan/comx.o so
    > > it can link as a module, noticed by Eyal Lebedinsky.
    > http://www.cs.Helsinki.FI/linux/linux-kernel/2001-24/0984.html may be of
    > interest.

    I also mentioned it would been cleaner if the driver design would be
    changed not to use procfs that way. I will back it out as soon as the
    driver will stop using it, it's not a change in a monolithic kernel
    where it could be forgotten like an -ac or a mainline, it's in a
    separate patch called 00_comx-driver-compile-1 so there's no risk to
    forget about it. It cannot hurt anybody to export it until the driver
    design is changed to be cleaner, just don't use it in the meantime, if
    you use it again in another driver that's your mistake not mine. It is
    not a pratical problem (the pratical problem infact happens without the
    00_comx-driver-compile-1 patch), it is only a documentation problem and
    I think the name of the patch should be clear enough in that sense.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.025 / U:185.780 seconds]