    SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel
    Date
    On Fri, 3 May 2002 00:54:27 +0200,
    Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
    >kaos wrote
    >> Linus, kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the main 2.5 kernel tree.
    >> It is faster, better documented, easier to write build rules in, has
    >> better install facilities, allows separate source and object trees, can
    >> do concurrent builds from the same source tree and is significantly
    >> more accurate than the existing kernel build system.
    >
    >Significantly more accurate, or actually *acurate* as in "never
    >forgets to rebuild anything"?
    > Pavel
    >PS: Okay, modulo bugs...

    Never forgets to rebuild anything, modulo bugs. I would like to claim
    100% build accuracy but ... "All code has at least one bug".

    If you make a change and the kernel does not rebuild correctly, that is
    a severity 1 bug in kbuild 2.5 and I will fix it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:32.096 seconds]