SubjectRe: UML is now self-hosting!
dwguest@win.tue.nl said:
> Congratulations!

Thanks!

> Now that you can run UML
> under UML, can you run UML under UML under UML?]

Heh, I haven't tried it. Feel free, it should work now.

gh@us.ibm.com said:
> Customers wanted to run legacy OS/390 apps that they had lost the
> binaries for, with a fast, modern database (Oracle or DB2) running at
> native speed, with either Linux or Windows applications. Add UML and
> you can do development and client support like System 390 can do with
> Linux and you have an interesting (if a bit perverted ;-) world.

Yup. And that sort of thing doesn't come close to reaching the potential
of a virtual OS.

A couple of the intermediate-term things I'm most interested in are
embedding UML in things like Apache to provide a standard internal
development and execution environment

spreading a SMP UML instance across multiple hosts

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.101 / U:0.432 seconds]