SubjectRe: Bug: Discontigmem virt_to_page() [Alpha,ARM,Mips64?]
On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 04:09:51AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> page. A clean, perhaps even mergeable design for this would be a great
> boon to all users of larger highmem systems. IIRC buffer_heads were the
> specific reported problem, and though they themselves consume excessive

bh problems should be fixed with my latest vm updates, while it's nice
to cache the bh across multiple writes, it's not a big problem having to ask
the fs again to translate from logical to physical so dropping bh
aggressively when needed is ok and the right thing to do.

> Andrea, it might also be helpful to hear your input during the LSE
> conference call tomorrow. The topic is KVA exhaustion scenarios, which
> seem to be of interest to you as well.

ok.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.096 / U:0.356 seconds]