    SubjectRe: isofs unhide option: troubles with Wine
    On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 14:49, Jeremy White wrote:
    > Yes, that is what we have to do now. So, when our product is
    > installed, a user is presented with a confusing, and highly technical
    > question, the gist of which is: please give us your root password
    > so we can do something you don't understand. It's okay, trust us,
    > really...<grin>

    Sounds like a job for rpm triggers and install scripts.

    > Further, I would argue that if you accept that unhide is a
    > reasonable default for me to force into the fstab, then
    > it is a reasonable default for the kernel to have.

    I'd tend to agree, simply because the defaults ought to make things
    possible rather than impossible. Question is - why was hide the default
    and what was that decision based upon ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:2.210 / U:0.100 seconds]