    SubjectRe: Recent kernel SMP scalability Benchmark/White-paper References.

    Hi Austin,

    Check out http://lse.sourceforge.net
    and http://sourceforge.net/projects/lse

    (lse= linux scalability effort)

    That might be more information than you were looking for.
    Another good resource is the lse mailing list at:
    lse-tech@lists.sourceforge.net

    We have bi-weekly conference calls where anyone is welcome
    to join and ask questions or report your work or whatever.

    As a developer working on SMP scalability on Linux I would
    say it is getting better but we still have work to do.

    Hanna Linder
    IBM Linux Technology Center

    --On Thursday, May 23, 2002 17:41:55 -0500 Austin Gonyou <austin@digitalroadkill.net> wrote:

    > I was looking around on google web, google groups, lkml digests,
    > Intel.com, RedHat, SuSe, SGI.com, osdl.com, etc for some benchmarks of
    > recent 2.4.x kernels, say 2.4.x > 16, with references to SMP scalability
    > problems or successes, etc. Mainly centering around 4-way/8-way x86
    > testing in terms of memory bandwidth/utilization, threading performance,
    > etc.
    >
    > I've not found much in my search so far, and thought at this point it
    > might be best to ask on this list to help shorten the search a bit, if
    > possible. Of the documents I do have, they're more marketing based and
    > not really *technology* based or touch very heavily as to generic
    > benchmarking of a standard Linux kernel on SMP.
    >
    > I'm hoping to create a white-paper internally, and hopefully externally
    > at some point, which can be maintained so others don't have to do the
    > same arduous task of trying to find recent data as it pertains to said
    > statistics.
    >
    > Any help as to recent documentation of this nature would be *overly*
    > appreciated!
    >
    > In addition to this info, I'm trying to gather information as it
    > pertains to the scalability of Linux kernels on 4/8-way x86 systems
    > versus Solaris Sparc 4/8-way systems with measurements of the same
    > statistics.
    >
    > I fear I'm searching for a document which does not exist. TIA.
    >

    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.028 / U:60.680 seconds]