    SubjectRecent kernel SMP scalability Benchmark/White-paper References.
    I was looking around on google web, google groups, lkml digests,
    Intel.com, RedHat, SuSe, SGI.com, osdl.com, etc for some benchmarks of
    recent 2.4.x kernels, say 2.4.x > 16, with references to SMP scalability
    problems or successes, etc. Mainly centering around 4-way/8-way x86
    testing in terms of memory bandwidth/utilization, threading performance,
    etc.

    I've not found much in my search so far, and thought at this point it
    might be best to ask on this list to help shorten the search a bit, if
    possible. Of the documents I do have, they're more marketing based and
    not really *technology* based or touch very heavily as to generic
    benchmarking of a standard Linux kernel on SMP.

    I'm hoping to create a white-paper internally, and hopefully externally
    at some point, which can be maintained so others don't have to do the
    same arduous task of trying to find recent data as it pertains to said
    statistics.

    Any help as to recent documentation of this nature would be *overly*
    appreciated!

    In addition to this info, I'm trying to gather information as it
    pertains to the scalability of Linux kernels on 4/8-way x86 systems
    versus Solaris Sparc 4/8-way systems with measurements of the same
    statistics.

    I fear I'm searching for a document which does not exist. TIA.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.028 / U:119.644 seconds]