SubjectRe: Linux-2.5.17

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction; I found the same code in my copy
of libgtop (1.0.9) and see the problem. Maybe now I can hack something together
to make it work.

In comparing /proc/meminfo in 2.4.19-pre8 and 2.5.17 I see that there is very
little difference except that the information gtop relies upon is missing. The
lines it needs aren't changed or rearranged, just gone altogether. Was there
any particular purpose for that, other than breaking programs like gtop? I'm a
firm believer that adding something new to a system should never break existing
functionality unless absolutely necessary. Was it necessary in this case, or
was it done because someone was offended that it wasn't "clean" enough?

Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk (Nick Holloway) on 05/22/2002 06:49:59 AM