    SubjectRe: your mail

    Sanket> No actually i don't want that for DMA it is for diffrent
    Sanket> requirment. actually in our device there is a page table in
    Sanket> device which have virtual to physical address translation we
    Sanket> save virtual address in device and corresponding physical
    Sanket> address. but we can store only upto 44 bit information of
    Sanket> virtual address thats why i want that.

    Sanket> Can you help me in this

    There is no way to limit virtual memory to 44 bits. I don't know how
    your device works, but just fyi: ia64 divides the address space into 8
    equal-sized regions and user space applications tend to use at least
    two regions (2 for text and 3 for data/stack). This means that even
    with the smallest page size, you'll have to take virtual address bits
    61-63 into account.

    Hope this helps,

    --david
    --