SubjectRe: Dell Inspiron i8100 with 2 batteries [Solved!]
Marc Lehmann suggested downgrading to Dell's A7 bios and it fixed this problem
(along with some minor stuff with the i8k fan/temperature control stuff.
(Fans no longer go through speed 2 to get to speed 1). I am also hoping that
it will result in better clock accuracy (I read some posting about this), but
my experiments with this aren't complete.

David Woodhouse: