    SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel - take 3
    On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 12:32:25PM -0500, Wayne.Brown@altec.com wrote:
    > I never expected everyone to abandon their own needs to satisfy mine. It would
    > be nice if they tried to accomodate my needs while satisfying their own, but I
    > didn't expect that either.

    IIRC, Kbuild-2.5 already silently accepts all of the old kbuild-2.4 commands
    without problems.

    As long as you end up running "make install" the rest of the old commands
    will be ignored. You can go on with all of the old commands, if you want
    without any trouble. This will allow you to use the same commands with
    kbuild-2.4 and kbuild-2.5, in case you decide to switch between both kernels
    and want to use the same commands.

    Also kbuild-2.5 does have features that allow you to call scripts from "make
    install", but it's not mandatory.

    Kieth, can you confirm that all of the old kbuild-2.4 commands have been
    wrapped in kbuild-2.5 commands?

    Thanks,

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.038 / U:89.724 seconds]