SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel
Date
On 1 May 2002 12:23, Keith Owens wrote:
> Linus, kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the main 2.5 kernel tree.
> It is faster, better documented, easier to write build rules in, has
> better install facilities, allows separate source and object trees, can
> do concurrent builds from the same source tree and is significantly
> more accurate than the existing kernel build system.

I never used kbuild 2.5 (sorry Keith), but I am tired of
'make mrproper' bug in existing kernel build system.
Whenever my new kernel does not boot, I have to do
full build just to make sure I wasn't bitten
by it again.

I gather there is no such bug in kbuild 2.5.
That's good.
--
vda