SubjectRe: O(1) scheduler gives big boost to tbench 192
Date
In message <E173QiK-0005Bd-00@the-village.bc.nu>, > : Alan Cox writes:

> > Rumor is that on some workloads MQ it outperforms O(1), but it
> > may be that the latest (post K3?) O(1) is catching up?
>
> I'd be interested to know what workloads ?

AIM on large CPU count machines was the most significant I had heard
about. Haven't measured recently on database load - we made a cut to
O(1) some time back for simplicity. Supposedly volanomark was doing
better for a while but again we haven't cut back to MQ in quite a while;
trying instead to refine O(1). Volanomark is something of a scheduling
anomaly though - sender/receiver timing on loopback affects scheduling
decisions and overall throughput in ways that may or may not be consistent
with real workloads. AIM is probably a better workload for "real life"
random scheduling testing.

gerrit

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.039 / U:23.960 seconds]