SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel - take 3
Wayne.Brown@altec.com wrote:

> Someone said here on the list a few months ago that "make bzlilo" was replaced
> by "make install" and that it was necessary to configure the "install" option's
> behavior.

Actually, the "install behavior" is quite nice. I wrote a script that
installs the kernel and sets it up in the right way for my
non-kbuild-2.5 kernel... much of this script is doing stuff like getting
the current kernel version, etc... the new kbuild allows you to specify
the install script you want to use and exports a bunch of variables that
make this script easier to write. Moreover, I believe there is a
default install that mimicks that of the current kernel so that the
changing of install's behavior is not mandatory.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans