    SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel - take 3 wrote:
    > Someone said here on the list a few months ago that "make bzlilo" was replaced
    > by "make install" and that it was necessary to configure the "install" option's
    > behavior.

    Actually, the "install behavior" is quite nice. I wrote a script that
    installs the kernel and sets it up in the right way for my
    non-kbuild-2.5 kernel... much of this script is doing stuff like getting
    the current kernel version, etc... the new kbuild allows you to specify
    the install script you want to use and exports a bunch of variables that
    make this script easier to write. Moreover, I believe there is a
    default install that mimicks that of the current kernel so that the
    changing of install's behavior is not mandatory.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.020 / U:14.364 seconds]