SubjectRe: kbuild 2.5 is ready for inclusion in the 2.5 kernel - take 3
Wayne.Brown@altec.com said:

[Long explanation on routine kernel compilation elided]]

> I have all this down to a science. All these commands are in my bash
> command history so I can pull them up with a couple of keystrokes.

Guess what... after the first time you do it the newfangled way the
new commands will be in .bash_history too!

> I've
> done them all so many times that I can type them from scratch almost
> without thinking about them.

If you do it _that_ often, then you'll get it the same automation in no
time with any strange new commands. Or find a way to integrate them with
your cron job that downloads patches (Heck... I update gcc from CVS
nightly, build it and run its testsuite from cron). But just compiling any
random kernel that shows up is not enough...
--
Horst von Brand vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile +56 32 672616