SubjectRe: IO/MMIO 2.4 ATA/IDE driver recore near complete
On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 04:15:15AM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >Please note BMDMA for MMIO is not native since there appears to be
> >pci-posting errors under x86.
>
> Can you elaborate ? I had to deal with driver bugs related to
> PCI wr. posting in the past. I assume you know what you are doing,
> but just in case, you missed a SW bug, I may be able to help.

I'm also interested in these issues, since I plan to use BMDMA
into MMIO areas in my own driver. So maybe we should discuss this
on the list? ;-)

Also the machines/chipsets, where this happens would be nice to
know. How to detect and workaround such errors is another
challenging topic I would like to discuss.

Thanks and Regards

Ingo Oeser
--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth