    SubjectADS Gcp 2.4.7 reboot issue
    Hi all ,
    I had posted a message previously also and got some usefule info about the
    same topic . I have a ads graphic client plus board (Strong ARM SA1100 )
    running 2.4.7 kernel. The problem is that a small c++ application which
    causes the system to reboot. What i guessed is that at some point of time
    some memory corruption is happening and it's causing the code to jump to the
    RSRR ( reset registers ) and reboot the system. I went to the
    /include/asm/arch/SA-1100.h file and changed the definition of the RSRR
    register from 0x90030000 to 0xE0030000. Now if i run the application for the
    first time, the board does not reboot but 2 or 3 executions cause the
    board to reboot.
    What i want to do is , to somehow find out at what point of time kernel
    is loosing control and writing to RSRR register.
    And is there any other way to reboot , other then writing to RSRR
    If someone has some clue, it will be helpfull .

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.021 / U:1.328 seconds]