SubjectRe: [RFC] ext2 and ext3 block reservations can be bypassed
Hi!

> I went to google and attempted to find information about the root
> reserve space for ext2, as a user wondering about the feature would. I
> couldn't find any documentation that states it's purely a fragmentation
> and convenience feature. I did, however, find documents stating
> otherwise. Note how even Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt states that
> it's a security feature?
>
> If this is not a security feature, Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt
> needs to be changed. Eg.,

I'd suggest you to mail to bugtraq@securityfocus.com; it sounds like
security hole to me, and probably common across many unix variants.

Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa