    SubjectRe: [RFC] ext2 and ext3 block reservations can be bypassed
    Hi!

    > I went to google and attempted to find information about the root
    > reserve space for ext2, as a user wondering about the feature would. I
    > couldn't find any documentation that states it's purely a fragmentation
    > and convenience feature. I did, however, find documents stating
    > otherwise. Note how even Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt states that
    > it's a security feature?
    >
    > If this is not a security feature, Documentation/filesystems/ext2.txt
    > needs to be changed. Eg.,

    I'd suggest you to mail to bugtraq@securityfocus.com; it sounds like
    security hole to me, and probably common across many unix variants.

    Pavel
    --
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa