    SubjectRe: Reiserfs has killed my root FS!?!
    Hello!

    On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 05:25:00PM +0100, Eugenio Mastroviti wrote:

    > >build it somewhere, boot off rescue media of some kind, and then run
    > >reiserfsck with --rebuild-tree argument (and a path to your partition of
    > Sorry to bother you, but are you sure you spelled it correctly? The

    I am.

    > latest I could find was 3.x.1c-pre3 on the namesys ftp server.

    Hm. -pre4 is not public yet, it seems.

    > I have the same problem on a machine (made worse by the fact that the
    > filesystem was a RAID0 partition).
    > I keep getting "wrong superblock", even after I told reiserfsck to
    > rebuild the superblock.

    You mean, after the --rebuild-sb command?

    What exactly have happened to your FS, BTW?

    > I won't pretend I know much about filesystems, so - is my situation
    > hopeless? (meaning, does RAID mess things up even worse?) Am I doing
    > something wrong? Is there a difference between -pre3 and -pre4 which
    > might change the response of --rebuild-tree?

    --rebuild-tree needs valid superblock, I think.

    Bye,
    Oleg

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:26    [W:0.023 / U:59.556 seconds]