    SubjectRe: [STATUS 2.5] May 1, 2002 (BKL status)
    Guillaume Boissiere wrote:
    > There has also been a lot of work done by various people to
    > remove the BKL from many places, which leads to my question:
    > does anyone has a URL with a list of all the places where the
    > BKL should eventually be removed and who's working on it?
    > It seems like it would be most useful if someone was willing
    > to maintain something like this, but it might be a lot of
    > work - I don't know how long the list would be...

    I may not be the leading BKL expert, but I play one on TV :)

    Perhaps one of the kernel-janitor people would like to assist me with
    this (cc'ing that list). I'd be willing to keep a web page to list all
    current BKL uses and keep track of them as they are removed/added
    Perhaps a set of web pages which resemble the directory structure of the
    kernel tree would be helpful??

    Here's a good question for kernel-janitor, and anyone else who's
    interested, what format describing BKL use would most encourage you to
    go and remove it? We already have Rick Lindsley's Global spinlock list: . The BKL
    use in there is somewhat dated, but might be a good start.

    I have some awk scripts that I use on each new kernel release to check
    for new and removed uses of the BKL. I can adapt these to start
    checking new BK changesets for BKL changes.

    Dave Hansen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:28.848 seconds]