SubjectRe: Tyan S2462 reboot problems
On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 04:14:12PM -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> Hi.
>
> No, I doubt this has anything to do with Linux. I have a S2460
> (which his corrected post says he has), which does not power down
> under linux, and *never* warm boots cleanly. It does power down under
> windows, so I assume ACPI powerdown works and APM does not. I have
> gone under the assumption that a BIOS upgrade will fix this, but that
> involves putting a floppy into the box, so I haven't done it yet. The
> warm boot problems consist of either a hang after POST (but before
> bootloader, OS irrelevent), or really bad video corruption. I don't
> know if it boot with the video corruption, I've never let it try.

Uhm, no, you don't need a floppy in your computer to upgrade the BIOS;
I upgraded it for this TYAN 2466 today, using /dev/bios
<http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/status/devbios.html>
and it worked perfectly fine.

That said, using the in-kernel ACPI should probably work for powerdown.

Regards: David Weinehall
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.058 / U:0.224 seconds]