    SubjectRe: system call for finding the number of cpus??
    Hello Priya,

    The portable way to determine the number of cpus _online_ is:

    if [ -x /usr/bin/getconf ] ; then
    numprocs=$(/usr/bin/getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)
    if [ $numprocs -eq 0 ]; then
    numprocs=1
    fi
    else
    numprocs=1
    fi

    at least that is the number I usually pass to "make -j$numprocs" when
    compiling large software projects.

    Regards,
    Tigran

    On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Kuppuswamy, Priyadarshini wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I have a script that is using the /cpu/procinfo file to determine the number of cpus present in the system. But I would like to implement it using a system call rather than use the environment variables?? I couldn't find a system call for linux that would give me the result. Could anyone please let me know if there is one for redhat linux??
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Priya
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.026 / U:1.240 seconds]