SubjectRe: Two fixes for 2.4.19-pre5-ac3
> The system call tracking is only used to associate a particular EIP with
> a particular offset in some binary image. There's no other efficient
> method to capture the mmap() calls for these images, for everything
> running. ptrace() is only really useful for a small number of processes,
> and is slow. Offline post-analysis isn't possible. There is no
> API for getting access to this information.

Ok, so you have a real reason for dealing with it

> Removing sys_call_table from exports won't have any positive effect.
> Using it has always been "well, you're on your own" - if there is a
> really good reason it needs to be changed, fine; but just changing it
> because it's not supposed to be used isn't a good enough reason when
> there is actually a couple of niche cases where it's the only option.

Lets see if we can sort out AFS and the like then come back to that one. I
think you may have a valid point. If 2.5 has EXPORT_SYMBOL_INTERNAL it
gets a lot easier.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.107 / U:0.100 seconds]