    SubjectRe: Announce: Kernel Build for 2.5, Release 2.0 is available

    Keith Owens wrote:

    > It takes time to do all the analysis to work out what has changed and
    > what has been affected. You might know that you only changed one file
    > but kernel build and make don't know that until they have checked
    > everything. Changing one file or specifying a command override might
    > affect one file or it might affect the entire kernel.

    Doing that analysis once is fine. After that it should know what it has
    to check if I only want foo/bar.o recompiled and that shouldn't take
    that long.

    > Otherwise let kbuild work out what has been affected.

    That's the problem with kernel hackers, they want to know what's going
    on. :)

    bye, Roman

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:7.116 seconds]