SubjectRe: Announce: Kernel Build for 2.5, Release 2.0 is available

Keith Owens wrote:

> It takes time to do all the analysis to work out what has changed and
> what has been affected. You might know that you only changed one file
> but kernel build and make don't know that until they have checked
> everything. Changing one file or specifying a command override might
> affect one file or it might affect the entire kernel.

Doing that analysis once is fine. After that it should know what it has
to check if I only want foo/bar.o recompiled and that shouldn't take
that long.

> Otherwise let kbuild work out what has been affected.

That's the problem with kernel hackers, they want to know what's going
on. :)

bye, Roman