SubjectRe: linux-2.5.x-dj and SCSI error handling.
Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:
> > The recent patch from Christoph Hellwig which kills off
> > the last remaining remnants of the old style SCSI error handling.
>
> Is the new scsi-eh generally regarded as a good thing?

Oh, and if someone is working in the area of "error handling", please,
please allow me to turn off "retries". That's not going to cost much
in terms of code or performance, but increadably valuable for me: We
do datarecovery. So we regularly have "bad" disks in here, and when
the drive reports an error on block <N> we would much rather have the
drive try block <N+1> than have the OS retry block <N>. (Chances of
block <N> getting results is lower than about 5% (given that the drive
has reported an error for that block), while in general the chances of
a random block getting recovered is better than 99%)

Roger.

* There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
* There are also old, bald pilots.