    SubjectRe: Sony Vaio Laptop problems
    On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:28:39PM +0200, Stephan Maciej wrote:

    > The only thing that fixes this problem is loading or installing the sonypi
    > driver into the kernel. It doesn't function as expected, but it solves at
    > least *this* problem.
    [...]

    I suppose you load the sonypi driver with the 'fnkeyinit=1' parameter,
    right ? In this case, the sonypi mode will enable the ACPI mode
    which seems to do the trick for you.

    Getting the latest BIOS update from Sony (could be labeled as a
    windows XP bios update or something like this) and the latest ACPI
    patch from http://acpi.sourceforge.net will almost certainly
    help, as other people pointed out.

    Once you make your laptop work correctly from a kernel / bios
    point of view, you might want to contact me in private to see
    if we can get the sonypi driver to work for you.

    Stelian.
    --
    Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>
    Alcove - http://www.alcove.com