    SubjectRe: Sony Vaio Laptop problems
    On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:28:39PM +0200, Stephan Maciej wrote:

    > The only thing that fixes this problem is loading or installing the sonypi
    > driver into the kernel. It doesn't function as expected, but it solves at
    > least *this* problem.

    I suppose you load the sonypi driver with the 'fnkeyinit=1' parameter,
    right ? In this case, the sonypi mode will enable the ACPI mode
    which seems to do the trick for you.

    Getting the latest BIOS update from Sony (could be labeled as a
    windows XP bios update or something like this) and the latest ACPI
    patch from will almost certainly
    help, as other people pointed out.

    Once you make your laptop work correctly from a kernel / bios
    point of view, you might want to contact me in private to see
    if we can get the sonypi driver to work for you.

    Stelian Pop <>
    Alcove -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.026 / U:199.804 seconds]