SubjectRe: [OFF TOPIC] BK license change
Hi!

> > > Oh and btw how can you change licence retroactively? Those "abusers" have
> > > right to continue to use old versions under old licences...
> >
> > BK licenses become invalid as soon as a new BK version is released
> > which contains bug fixes or behaves differently in any way.
>
> The license says that you have to upgrade if your version will not pass
> the current regressions. In other words, if we have fixed a problem,
> written a test case for it, shipped the fixed version and the test case,
> then yes, you need to upgrade. If it was important enough that we wrote
> a test case for it, it's probably something you'll end up hitting sooner
> or later.
> The free users get an expensive product for free, but they have to
> give back by helping shake out the bugs from the current release.

...and ability to change license under their backs any time you want comes
as nice bonus, eh?

> It's really just an optimization problem. What we've done is to optimize
> for the most that we can do for the most people. I'm well aware that

Its really you with very nice ability to blackmail anyone using BK. "We
don't like you, so we are changing licence under your back. Either pay 000,
or you have just lost access to your revision histories." [Oh and oone
promissed it can not be .000.000 per seat in next version.]

> In short: go build a better answer, and until you do it, how about
> easing off on the "BK is evil corporate software" mantra a bit? It's

BK *is* evil corporate software, with unique trapdoor capabilities, and
with unique ability to take away rights from user any time it wants.
Pavel
PS: No need to reply, but I just could not stand "you have no rights because
we can change licence anytime" and "we are not evil" in one mail.